Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Weekly Money Checkup...on Tuesday

I am behind again! :) Yesterday was a day to get little things finished up before my husband had to go back to work. Not everything got done but most of it is complete. Hopefully I have the energy to finish a few more things on our list today.


1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on $28 on handles for the kitchen drawers. I redid paint/knobs/hinges on the cabinets about a year ago and never got around to the drawers. Finally we have a finished product! Why did I wait so long when it was under $30?

2. Today I am thankful so many little projects are finished. It is nice when your wish list (you know the one that usually never gets done) has shrunk considerably. I also am really thankful that I double budgeted our electric/gas bill this paycheck and discovered Sunday we had extra money to pay on our debt. Not an hour after that the washing machine sounded like it was going to blow up. Lucky me my husband was home for once to hear it in its terror. I really hope it can make it another 6 months....we will see. :(


3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was go through all the extra parts that come with anything you have to assemble. I always save them and usually don't remember what most of the pieces do. We saved the parts my hubby thought would be good and chucked the rest. Yea to de-cluttering!

4. I will consider this week a success if I scrub both of our tubs. The master needs done badly and my husband has the faucets taken apart in the guest tub to fix what I thought would be simple. When you turned the water on it came out of the shower head when it only should have been coming out of the tub faucet. Long story short he is now replacing all the parts (not in great shape) so no one gets unexpectedly sprayed. Husbands muddy boots=me cleaning tub. He would probably clean it for me but since I initiated the mess I am going to clean it up.


5. On New Years Eve we drove over to some friends of ours that just moved close. Her kids just moved here last week so we had a little home party. They bought a bunch of lego kits. We built the ship from Pirates of the Caribbean, I was impressed how detailed those kits are. Different spin on a party but fun.  



Hopefully my phone is charged up as I need to call the post office which lost a package going to a customer that had both delivery confirmation and insurance on it. I am not looking forward to using up my minutes and being on hold. I have a feeling after I call I am going to be making another bracelet and shipping it just so my customer gets her item. I always use the post office to support it but the issues the last few months are driving me nuts! Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails