Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekly Money Checkup

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was $76 on flagstone to increase the size of our patio. Unfortunately I still need a bit more.

North side of the patio with added flagstone

2. Today I am thankful that we finally have a roof on our shed. 

Just needs a door, shutters, and window boxes

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was reuse the metal trim we removed where my garden boxes are. We reused it by creating a new flower bed along the fence.

Hard to see but we now have a curved continuous flower bed along the fence where there was none.

4. I will consider this week a success if I get the strength to lay more flagstone. I need to clean the house first because one of my best friends is flying in Thursday so the two of us can hang out!!!! I am super excited!!!!


5. One thing I appreciate about my mom is the fact she made us work hard for everything as kids and as adults. It makes me appreciate everything in my life now because we have worked hard for it. Self worth means a lot and she helped give me that.

Plants from seeds, the plants on the right are marigolds that I will plant in my garden boxes to keep bugs away. The spike grasses in back are blue fescue for my front yard planters.

2 comments:

Schürl said...

The place looks great. I can't wait to see it later this month...and Mom does rock.

Kerrie said...

Thanks! Don't look too closely at the grass though. I seeded today so hopefully it will grow quickly and look better by the time you get here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails