Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekly Money Checkup

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on Christmas gifts. I was planning on waiting but Friday night we went to rent skis for my husbands dad and brother and they had the gun safe I was planning on buying $40 off the regular price. Guess I should have checked the black Friday ads. Thanks Jenifer for bringing it in the house!

2. Today I am thankful I have only 3 things left to buy for Christmas gifts. Saving $40 means I can get my husband 2 of the big things he wanted since I was already under the budget I set for him. He is going to be happy!

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was decorate our Christmas tree with my mother in law. It looks great and usually I decorate it by myself. Now I really want to decorate the mantel but am holding off until my husband gets his wiring done.

4. I will consider this week a success if I can check off 5 of the 8 crucial things I need to finish before the end of the year. The sooner I get them done the better. Tomorrow I am going to help my cousin organize/watch her youngest since she just moved and Thursday I am helping my Mamo wrap gifts for the family she adopted for Christmas. Thankfully my crucial list is mostly computer/telephone related so I can fit them in easily.


5. My favorite Christmas song/album is ? There are so many great songs, I guess Silver Bells (not sure which artist) because my grandpa used to sing it and my mom still does around this time of year. It reminds me of the holiday spirit and those we love.



Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Since this is a money related post I am proud to say we paid off our mattress Friday and we are down to my husbands student loan and our credit card (medical expenses) so I am now going full force on our credit card so we can be almost debt free again. It feels great to see the end in sight (again sadly) and I haven't borrowed from our savings at all. Cheers to soon paying off the card and saving more again. I can't wait because it is a HUGE weight off our shoulders to not worry about extra bills. Cross your fingers that medical costs stay low so we can pay them off sooner rather than later. Have a great week!

1 comments:

Angela Tolsma said...

I LOVE SILVER BELLS!! It's such a great song!! That's awesome you can get both presents for hubs! I love spoiling them they are so good! Post pictures of your tree!! We aren't decorating this year so I am living in everyone else's!!

Congrats on paying off the mattress!! That is so exciting!! Your getting so close to your goals!

Related Posts with Thumbnails