Monday, May 4, 2009

:) Sunny Monday

So I have been slacking on posting the last few days. I wish I could say that I have been super productive and that's why. Big fat lie! My family room looks terrible since Colin decided he wanted to pull out all his receipts from the dark ages (he saves them all). I was slightly productive Friday working on a few pieces and Saturday we worked outside. I planted some new grass seed and we bought a new lawnmower. I forgot to take a picture while it was clean before I mowed the lawn so until I hose it off I am not sharing it (the dirty version makes it look sad).


I did get new packaging ordered for all my jewelry. It is recycled brown boxes (instead of the white) and I ordered teal and purple tissue paper as well as black ribbon and more padded envelopes for shipping.

This photo isn't very exciting but the final effect will be much better! Plus the bonus is they were cheaper and the box is 100% recycled with the inside being 80% which is great.

I also spent a little time looking into ordering my business cards, me stamping my logo and embossing each and every card takes up too much of my time. While looking into that I checked out having stickers, invite postcards, window cling (for my car), and earring cards made up. So as soon as Cheryl digitalizes my logo I should be ordering a few items which will save me time down the road. This by the way was Colin's idea because he thinks I am wasting my time doing things that I can pay a nominal fee to someone else while working on jewelry and be more cost effective. He is right but I have been trying to not spend any additional money if I can do it myself. Unfortunately there is only one me so this will lessen my load a lot.

I had the great fortune to go to a great jewelry party on Friday as well with a friend and I got some easy cheap ideas for displaying my items, unfortunately they wont work well flying. The lady that had all the beautiful pieces had a mobile credit card machine. It doesn't need to be plugged into a phone line and you don't have to pay a monthly fee. You just pay a fee per transaction, kind of like paypal. You do have to buy the unit which from what I can find is about $200. Unless I call I wont have an idea of the cost per transaction, but it looks like a promising thing to check into. Colin again thinks that is a great idea. Weird how he is not so tight with money when he feels that it is a smart idea for sales. He always weighs the pros and cons where I tend to think more emotional, I am so glad he balances me out. He is a great business partner in this, but more so a great support of just me. I couldn't ask for a better husband!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!

2 comments:

kadler said...

Those boxes look perfect for your jewelry. Keep us posted on your cards!

Dallas Shaw said...

just ordered new boxes for my prints as well

dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails