Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snow is a beautiful thing :)

This morning I let the dogs out to a beautiful sight, Snow! We haven't received anymore today but what we woke up to this morning is still all there. It makes me happy to not see the dull brown landscape filled with water.

I have been on a reading frenzy this week due to the generosity of Yvonne our landlady. She and her husband love to read and have shared numerous novels with me as well as hiking books for Colin and I. She is a wonderful person and I pray that she continues to be strong with the loss of her husband. Thanksgiving and Christmas have been very hard on her.

This week I read: Water for Elephants, Prisoner of Tehran, and "Eat, Pray, Love". All three have been amazing books that I would recommend to anyone though "Eat, Pray Love" requires a lot of thought and self reflection. Prisoner of Tehran was heartbreaking yet enlightening and informative, and Water for Elephants was the same yet on a very very different level.

I may need to hold off on reading at all next week since I get nothing done when I have a book. Next week I am working full force to get some of my new projects online. I was hoping to get them all completed today but they are still not quite ready to share.

We are who we are I guess, and I am always trying to do too many projects at once. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails